The Grand Opening of Equatorial Plaza
KUALA LUMPUR, (19 NOVEMBER 2019) – The tallest skyscraper along Jalan Sultan Ismail Kuala Lumpur has emerged with the completion of the impressive Equatorial Plaza. The redevelopment of the landmark Hotel Equatorial Kuala Lumpur has resulted in a brand new 52-storey integrated development comprising premium Grade ‘A+’ office space and the 5-star EQ hotel. This elegant building is uniquely configured to serve both its identities as hotel and office tower, with easy access via two broad frontages along Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Perak.
The newly transformed Equatorial Plaza has over 1 million square feet gross floor area, featuring a new generation specification office building across 23 levels totaling approximately 460,000 square feet and the 5-star EQ Kuala Lumpur. Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad is the owner of the office tower while Hotel Equatorial (M) Sdn. Bhd. owns and operates EQ Kuala Lumpur. Both the managements of Great Eastern Life Assurance (Malaysia) Berhad and Hotel Equatorial (M) Sdn. Bhd. are proud to grace the grand opening of the new Equatorial Plaza on the 19th November 2019.
This striking new building is designed by Malaysia’s award-winning GDP Architects and features some of the latest energy-saving technology which has earned it a Green Building Index (“GBI”) Gold certification.
Equatorial Plaza is strategically located at the heart of Kuala Lumpur’s Golden Triangle, with close proximity to the KLCC Convention Centre and major shopping attractions like Pavilion KL and Suria KLCC. Connectivity is also superb with a Monorail station a stone’s throw away and the KL MRT within 700m.
In a short span of time, both Equatorial Plaza and EQ have already recorded some notable achievements:
- Showcase cover feature article in Architecture Malaysia magazine (Issue 2, 2019)
- Winner of CIDB/Malaysian Construction Industry Best Project – Major Buildings Award 2019
- Winner of Best New Hotel Asia Pacific 2019, Travel Weekly Asia Readers’ Choice Awards
- EQ Kuala Lumpur accounts for 3 of the 5 nominees for Best Interior Design in Food & Beverage Category in upcoming REKA Awards Malaysia
- In less than 6 months, EQ Kuala Lumpur has risen to the #1 position among Kuala Lumpur hotels in TripAdvisor.com
Office tenants’ profile
- The office tower obtained its Certificate of Completion and Compliance (“CCC”) in the last quarter of 2018 and to date has an occupancy rate of about 70%. Great Eastern has appointed Savills (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd as the marketing agent to lease out the office space and they have successfully secured several prominent multinational companies comprising among others, financial institutions, oil and gas companies as well as a major co-working office space provider.
- The key anchor office tenants who collectively contributed more than 50% of the building occupancy are:
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia who housed their new headquarter office in this prime address;
- WeWork, a US-based flexible work space operator, has chosen Equatorial Plaza to be its largest regional space in South East Asia;
- McDermott Asia Pacific, the leading provider of integrated engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPIC) service to the energy/oil and gas industry.
- Triple volume lobby with luxurious finishes to portray an established corporate image to clients and visitors.
- Large office floor plate of 20,000+ sq. ft.
- Column-free space for maximum workspace design and flexibility of varying sizes.
- Raised floor system.
- Advanced Building Automation System including energy-saving lighting features.
- Over 1,000 car parking spaces.
- Generous 4.2m office floor-to-floor heights.
- Flexible VAV air-conditioning.
- Safety and security:
- 24-hour security patrols
- Turnstiles with card access system and Destination Control Lift System to the office space
Green Building Index (“GBI”) Malaysia
- Certified Gold rating.
- Striving for long-term sustainability with minimal environmental impact, the green features with energy and water efficiency system (i.e. advance chiller system, rainwater harvesting, innovative waste water recycling) will increase efficiencies which will translate into optimized business operations.
- Advanced, energy-efficient magnetic levitation bearing air-con chiller equipment.
- Low-e glass curtain wall window panels for superior thermal insulation.
Public transportation & accessibility
- Dual access to Jalan Sultan Ismail and Jalan Perak.
- Short walking distance to Raja Chulan Monorail Station (240m), KLCC LRT Station (450m), Bukit Bintang MRT Station (720m) and Dang Wangi LRT Station (850m).
- Safe and comfortable covered pedestrian walkway and linked-bridge to Suria KLCC Shopping Mall, Pavilion KL shopping mall and the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (“KLCC”).
Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00 (Monday – Friday)
Email Address: CherylLamWaiYee@greateasternlife.com / email@example.com
Phone: +603-2720-3061 / +603-2092-5955